Thursday, January 2, 2014

Wood Ceilings + White Cabinets Inspiration

I have a love-hate relationship with the dark wood ceilings in my house. My house isn't big and I sometimes feel as though the darkness of the ceilings soaks up any little bit of light that enters the room.

I've thought about painting the ceilings white. Or covering them with tin ceiling tiles, painted white, of course. Maybe installing white bead-board or drywall over the wood is the solution?

But then there's a teeny-tiny part of me that likes them. There's a certain amount of charm that comes with wood ceilings. They fit the style of this house.

One option would be to paint my kitchen cabinets white. Hmm... seriously considering it.



I'm hoping that white cabinets will contrast nicely with the wood ceilings and brighten up the kitchen.


Here are a few of my inspiration photos containing wood ceilings and white cabinets:


I love this one!  The high ceilings and natural light keep it light and bright.





All the materials in this kitchen work well together to achieve an airy feel.




A more rustic look, but it still works! I can see myself washing dishes here. 




The dark ceiling really pops against the wall of white.




This kitchen doesn't have white cabinets, but it does show that even with a lowered ceiling it doesn't have to be dark and cave-like.




Most of the top cabinets are painted white while the bottom cabinets are stained. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of white to keep a space from becoming overloaded with wood.








No comments:

Post a Comment