Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ring Holder & Candlesticks

Anyone that is into crafts and DIY knows the power a can of spray paint holds when it comes to transforming well... just about anything you can think of. 

I have this ring holder that my aunt gave me from her house a couple years ago when I mentioned I needed one.  Hearts, angels, and gold don't exactly go with anything else in my house, but this piece has special meaning to it since it is from my aunt.  Solution:  SPRAY PAINT!

Before

After

How cute is this? I am loving it in white! 


These candlesticks I purchased for $2 each at Goodwill last fall.  Again, not really my style, but I thought I could do something with them.  My initial plan was to paint them white and use as candlesticks (not so creative, huh?).  I also think painting them oil rubbed bronze would look great.  

Before


 After



Forget boring old candlesticks!  I turned one of them into a cake stand.  I used a plate from an old set of dishes that sit in my kitchen cabinet, unused and wasting space. I love being able to give new life to things I already own that are sitting idle.  


My cake stand reminds me of this one from Classic Hostess:


classichostess.com

I saved over $50 by making my own!  Sometimes you can have your cake and eat it, too.   


Here's what was used for these projects.  Krylon Indoor Outdoor Satin Bright White paint and Krylon Satin Finish for a clear, protective coat.


I have my eye on a few other things around the house that could use a little dose of spray paint magic!  



No comments:

Post a Comment